Hi-Fi News, Sub-Editor / Copy Editor
Full time – Monday to Friday (Part-time opportunity leading to a full time role may be available for the right candidate)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sub-Editor / Copy Editor to join Hi-Fi News, which is the world’s oldest and most technically robust hi-fi magazine and forms part of the group that publishes leading hi-fi consumer magazines in the UK as well as the USA.
The main area of responsibility for this role will be looking at first drafts and liaising directly with contributors to deliver the required text.
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide sub copy to a consistently high standard across the publication
- Rewrite copy, as well as completing and correcting, when required to ensure the highest quality is provided
- Ensure that all facts and details included within the copy are correct and ready for processing
Knowledge of hi-fi is not important. Attention to detail and factual accuracy are, together with a clear understanding of the story-telling narrative.
We would typically look to an experienced editor from the medical/scientific field for this role (B2B or consumer-facing) in the hope that these professionals already adhere to the standards demanded by the world’s oldest and most technically robust hi-fi magazine.
Essential skills required:
- A comprehensive/clear understanding of the story-telling narrative
- Exceptional eye for detail and factual accuracy is key
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Positive with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude to work
- Knowledge of hi-fi is desirable but not essential
If you have the right skills and experience for this role, we would like to hear from you - apply by completing the application form below.