SWNS, Feature Editor
Who we are:
SWNS is the UK’s biggest independent news content provider, with over 100 editorial staff in offices across the country and a satellite in the US. We distribute more than 1,000 original media assets every day, making us one of the single biggest sources of news content for publishers across the world.
Alongside our core news agency operation, SWNS creates content and designs several real life magazines in their entirety, including Chat and Pick Me Up! monthly specials, on behalf of major publishers.
Who you are:
You will be an experienced feature editor, with excellent writing skills and an eye for a story. You will be passionate about magazines and real life stories as well as having an interest in lifestyle content. You relish the challenge of adapting to different titles and subject matters, and are confident enough in your skills to lead a team of talented writers at a senior level.
- Being involved in the daily running of the magazines, while assisting the editor with content planning, headlines/covers, and team management
- Confidently standing in for the editor in her absence
- Editing and approving pages created by the team
- Writing and creating content for our titles
- Involvement in the magazine pages from idea stage right through to the point of print. This includes subbing
- Constantly coming up with innovative ideas for the titles
- Working to tight deadlines in a small, fast-paced team while producing very high results
- A continued role in overseeing workloads to guarantee we always meet deadline
What You’ll Need:
- A journalism degree or equivalent writing qualification
- A magazine background or two years of relevant senior editorial experience
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates exceptional writing skills, and the ability to come up with attention grabbing headlines and cover ideas
- A knowledge of InDesign
- Experience in editing content and managing employees
- A passion for being organised
- The drive to be a friendly, enthusiastic team player
SWNS is part of the SWNS Group, a progressive and forward-thinking content business which spans news, features, images, video, PR, content marketing and market research.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and engaging working environment and the best career prospects in the business.
If you want to be part of the success story please send a CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.
Apply for SWNS, Feature Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly