SWNS, Feature Writers
Who we are:
SWNS is the UK’s biggest independent news content provider, with over 100 editorial staff in offices across the country and a satellite in the US. We distribute more than 1,000 original media assets every day, making us one of the single biggest sources of news content for publishers across the world.
Alongside our core news agency operation, SWNS creates content and designs several real life magazines in their entirety, including Chat and Pick Me Up! monthly specials, on behalf of major publishers.
Who you are:
You will be a talented and creative feature writer who is keen to work alongside an experienced team.
You will be passionate about magazines and real life stories as well as having an interest in lifestyle content. You will have an excellent eye for a story, be a confident writer and love the daily challenge of adapting to different titles and subject matters.
- Responsible for sourcing, interviewing and writing real life stories for our titles and creating lifestyle content
- Playing a part in the magazine pages from idea stage right through to print. This includes subbing
- Constantly coming up with innovative ideas for the titles
- Working to tight deadlines in a small, fast-paced team while producing consistently great results
- Being involved in the daily running of the magazines, including responding to reader enquiries
What You’ll Need:
- A journalism degree or equivalent writing qualification
- Preferably a magazine background or relevant editorial experience.
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates exceptional writing skills and the talent to adapt to different styles and subjects
- A knowledge of InDesign
- Excellent interview skills
- The ability to take direction while delivering exciting new ideas
- The drive to be a friendly, enthusiastic team player
SWNS is part of the SWNS Group, a progressive and forward-thinking content business which spans news, features, images, video, PR, content marketing and market research.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and engaging working environment and the best career prospects in the business.
If you want to be part of the success story please send a CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.