SWNS, Junior Designers
Who we are:
SWNS is the UK’s biggest independent news content provider, with over 100 editorial staff in offices across the country and a satellite in the US. We distribute more than 1,000 original media assets every day, making us one of the single biggest sources of news content for publishers across the world.
Alongside our core news agency operation, SWNS creates content and designs several real life magazines in their entirety, including Chat and Pick Me Up! monthly specials, on behalf of major publishers.
Who you are:
You will be a talented and creative junior designer who is keen to work alongside an experienced team.
You will be passionate about magazines and have the vision to make a variety of content jump off the page. You will have an obsession with perfection, while having the confidence to add creativity to every page you work on. You will love the daily challenge of adapting to different titles and subject matters.
- Taking content produced by the editorial team and transforming it into page layouts for our titles
- Identifying the importance of visual decisions, including colour and image selection, with each magazine and across all subject matters
- Playing a part in the continued production of the pages until the layouts are ready for print
- Working to tight deadlines in a small, fast-paced team while producing consistently fantastic results
- Balancing creativity with the practical responsibilities of making sure each layout is on brand and meets print requirements
What You’ll Need:
- A skilled knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience in magazine or editorial design
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in design
- A strong portfolio of designs that demonstrate excellent layout skills, creativity and attention to detail
- The ability to take artistic direction while delivering exciting new ideas
- The drive to be a friendly, enthusiastic team player
SWNS is part of the SWNS Group, a progressive and forward-thinking content business which spans news, features, images, video, PR, content marketing and market research.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and engaging working environment and the best career prospects in the business.
If you want to be part of the success story please send a CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.