Editorial Director - Studio, Dow Jones - NY
Dow Jones' in-house Studio unit, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers,
content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, photo editors and
The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, documentary videos, interactive data visualizations, animations and more.
Based in New York, the Editorial Director will be responsible for helping to
manage the day-to-day flow of the editorial work associated with best-in-class Custom Content programs.
This Director should have experience working across multiple mediums - including digital, print, Live Journalism, audio and video - to deliver bespoke solutions to media partners.
This is an amazing opportunity to practice journalism at the highest level while at the same time working in a rapidly growing commercial environment.
- Oversee editorial teams of editors and writers in creation of standard setting, award winning content for our advertising partners.
- Actively participate in RFP process from ideation to creation, collaborating closely with sales & marketing teams
- Build content distribution strategy alongside internal sales and news partners
- Management of freelance budget
- Development of Editorial standards, pushing for new ways of storytelling while preserving the quality & integrity of our journalism.
- Support our strategic focus of data-led storytelling and live journalism.
- Oversee creation of comprehensive and compelling editorial platforms and ideas for branded content programs that are digital-centric, but that can be translated across multiple channels, including print, video, social, mobile and tablet.
- Innovate on new ways of conveying information -- data visualization, explainer videos, live data experiences.
- Raise our profile in the marketplace - thought leadership, awards strategy, speaking at conferences, blog writing.
- Responsible for end-to-end editorial process (ideation, topics, writing, editing, fact-checking, quote releases, proofreading) working with the team Creative Director and other teams across the network.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of journalism experience, with expertise in business and technology topics
- 5+ years of custom content experience
- Extensive knowledge of Media brands and industry trends
- Direct client-facing experience
- Experience managing a team of writers and editors
- Experience in visual editing, understanding how different forms of storytelling work together in digital mediums.
- Deep roster of writers, project editors and other content creators.
- Avid consumer of The Wall Street Journal & Barron's Group publications
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).