The Telegraph, Financial Services Reporter
The Telegraph business team covers everything from FTSE 100 companies to the best of the UK's small businesses, from house price data to macro-economic statistics, and everything in between.
As part of this team you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of content from live blogs and breaking news, to features and profiles, as well as a range of opportunities for career development. In working with our video and new formats team, you’ll be able to develop your digital storytelling skills to find ways make complex subjects engaging and accessible.
You’ll have superb access to the key movers and shakers in world of business and finance and be able to shape and participate in The Telegraph’s portfolio of business events.
This is a varied role, responsible for producing engaging content for the Telegraph’s Business section with a focus on Financial Services.
- Responsible for coverage of the financial services industry both in the UK and further afield when needed
- Develop interview and feature ideas within the sector and beyond
- Ability to spot trends and identify sector developments before they are widely reported
- Ability to write for other parts of the newspaper when required
- Responsible for helping to maximise digital engagement and drive subscriptions
Essential skills required for the role:
- Experience of writing and developing stories on digital and print platforms.
- Experience of working in news at regional, national or international level.
- Solid understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential.
- Able to show initiative and work well under pressure.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.