Wood Based Panels International, Associate Editor
The Timber Group is part of the Compelo media group and consists of the Timber Trades Journal and Wood Based Panels International, both market leading publications in their sectors.
TTJ is published monthly, covering all aspects of the UK timber sector, whilst WBPI is published bi-monthly and focuses on the international panel manufacturing and processing sectors.
The role of associate editor will be split across both publications with approximately 60% of the role focused on spearheading WBPI and 40% working on TTJ and will report directly into the Group Editor.
It will require flexibility as part of the Timber Group team and the need to adapt according to priorities, yet at the same time the role will be synonymous and identifiable with leading WBPI in the international wood based panels industry.
This is a full time role, based in our Dartford office, Kent.
You will be a writer, senior writer, deputy editor or editor with several years’ experience and ideally a knowledge of the Timber and Construction industry in the UK and overseas.
With a flair for writing, proof-reading and editing, you will also be adept at building and maintaining relationships with leading organizations in the public and private sectors for the benefit of editorial reputation and commercial success of the magazines and websites.
The role will require commitment, enthusiasm and creative thinking to move the title of WBPI forward. With strong opinions and imaginative ideas for features and events you will be an integral part of the commercial development of the TTJ and WBPI brands.
- Develop editorial strategy for WBPI magazine and website in conjunction with sales department
- Keep abreast of market trends and company activity in the UK and overseas
- Ensure editorial is produced according to deadlines and within editorial budget
- Each month, plan in detail and communicate contents of magazine to the wider team (including circulation, sales, production)
- Liaise with sales and design over flatplan/pagination
- Commission (or work with the Group Editor to commission) features and other articles
- Liaise closely with the production and studio teams
- Undertake picture research, when necessary
- Write across all sections of WBPI and TTJ
- Oversee and (when necessary) organise events
- Represent The Timber Group – both WBPI and TTJ – at evening events, trade fairs, press trips and company visits both nationally and internationally.
- Oversee content and development of website and e-newsletters
- Ensure WBPI entered for relevant awards
- Admin: process invoices, complete invoice summary form, content tracker and manage WBPI travel budget
Apply by completing the application form below.