Express.co.uk, Tech Affiliates Writer
Express.co.uk is looking for a writer to join its growing technology team.
This department is dedicated to bringing our millions of readers the latest tech news, reviews and updates from some of the world's biggest brands including Apple, Samsung, Sony and Huawei.
This new role is aimed at writing commerce driven content with the candidate working alongside our Content Commercialisation team.
Our ambition is to expand our wealth of tech content, offering our audience authoritative, engaging and informative buying guides, deals and news stories around products they are interested in and want to buy.
This role is primarily to work on Express.co.uk, but may also involve writing for some of our other platforms too. If you are an individual with lots of entrepreneurial flair, who is commercially aware and bursting with lots creative ideas we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
Reach plc is the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands such as mirror.co.uk, the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and market leading regional titles and websites including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and we have a bigger online monthly audience than all our competitors including Mail Online and News UK.
Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- A unique hybrid role working as part of a small, dynamic team creating interesting and engaging affiliate content to drive direct revenue for our tech vertical.
- Work directly within our wider Tech team to deliver content that is on brand and seamlessly integrates commerce and content whilst driving traffic.
- Act as an evangelist for the concept of content commercialisation within the wider business, providing support and best practice guidelines to wider editorial teams when required.
- Confidently create high quality, engaging editorial content covering anything from the latest deals and buying guides to the new iPhone launch in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Supporting the commercial partnerships team by creating compelling content that drives users to our partner services.
- Track revenue and conversion of content created and provide reports and insights for the wider Tech team.
- Confidently use branded social media platforms to promote content
The Ideal Candidate
- A journalist with solid writing ability and proven experience working on a digital platform (minimum of 1.5 years).
- A solid understanding and passion for all things tech and gaming related, with plenty of knowledge of the hottest new products, innovations and latest news.
- Can work to a high standard under tight deadlines and has a flexible approach and attitude to work.
- Good knowledge of SEO and an ability to generate daily stories using the latest search trends is a must.
- Strong PR relationships to help you gather the best stories, exclusive news scoops and the best tech deals.
- You should be a data geek who can confidently use a range of analytical tools and data to drive revenue and traffic.
- Commercially switched on and an excellent communicator
- Experience using data tools like Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Semrush or similar favourable.
- Good design sense and basic Photoshop skills advantageous.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'Apply' now.