Real Business & Business Advice, News Editor
Real Business and Business Advice are the UK’s fastest growing content brands for small and medium business owners, decision-makers and employees. We reach hundreds of thousands of people a month and credit our own entrepreneurial approach to our content for our success to date.
We are now owned by Prosper² Media, a newly created publishing arm of a high growth SME Rewards Programme and Business Club, Prosper².
We are a purpose-driven organisation with a vision to support the UK’s 5.4 million small and medium businesses with actionable advice, genuine people stories and aspirational content.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As Digital Sub-Editor for Prosper² Media, you’ll join a group of writers and marketers who reach hundreds of thousands of SME readers each week with personalised and curated content about stating, scaling and selling their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are actively seeking a detail-oriented and user-focused journalist to join a cross-functional team who will report to the editorial director.
- Daily duties include managing our network of contributors, writing SEO-led guides and news features for RealBusiness.co.uk and BusinessAdvice.co.uk and working with our Digital Strategist to grow our newsletter reach and retention.
- The ideal candidate is driven by data and an entrepreneurial zeal to grow our readership.
- You’re a creative and collaborative content writer or marketing executive with experience writing advice articles and guides for a business audience.
- You have a genuine interest in the UK’s business landscape and are ready to roll up your sleeves to pitch in across the business (specifically content creation and curation).
- You’re flexible and adaptable and thrive off the buzz of working in a startup.
- 1 to 3 years of editorial or marketing experience, preferably with content SEO knowledge and experience writing snappy news content.
- Relentless attention to detail, especially in editing and proofing.
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven record of contributing to constant improvements in quality and metrics, especially retention rates.
- Ability to turn editorial projects around quickly.
- Experience in digital marketing helpful.
- Experience working with B2B content helpful.
- Understand the audiences your content is intended for that serves them best.
- Ensure that deadlines are met and that every guide, report and newsletter is flawless.
- Remain open to new opportunities and evolving strategies, and think creatively to propose new ideas of your own.
- Be proactive about supporting your teammates where you can.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally and give and receive effective direction and feedback.
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You’re passionate about understanding our readers and bringing them information they need.
- You want to take on an expansive role in an up-and-coming startup that is constantly growing and changing.
- You want to positively change lives by helping entrepreneurs manage their businesses by motivating, inspiring and educating them.
- You love collaborating across functions and think work is better with a variety of players in the mix.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- Culture and the leadership mindset is what drives us at Prosper² Media. We know our people and how we work together drives our success.
- Our culture focuses on working hard and playing hard. We don’t believe in paper-pushing or seat-warming. It’s all about setting achievable goals, getting constant feedback, improving our performance and celebrating our successes.
- Our mindset is about making work enjoyable through constant learning, accountability, transparency and flexibility.
- The values that drive us are: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, and Integrity
We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We empathise with our readers and are committed to being their ally in their pursuit of entrepreneurial success.
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, and one day/week remote working options after the probation period.
Does this sound like this was written for you? If so, please complete the application form below to send us your CV, a maximum of 5 writing samples and salary expectation, and let’s explore this together.
Apply for Real Business & Business Advice, News Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly