Evening Standard, Social Media Producer
ESI Media is an innovative multichannel media business. Our brands include the London Evening Standard, The Independent and London Live. We have offices based in the UK and US.
The ES Digital Features team:
The Evening Standard’s Digital Features team incorporates four key pillars: Lifestyle, Going Out, Shopping and Luxury. Each section is committed to delivering the latest news, reviews and features on trends and topical issues. We deliver quality cross-platform content for a global urban audience.
The dynamic, fast-growing team covers a wide spectrum of subjects from restaurants and bars to fashion, travel and fitness. We champion the arts as well as covering breaking celebrity stories.
- A motivated individual and team player who is enthusiastic and creative.
- You will have worked in a fast-paced editorial environment and be excited by the challenge of working on a new project.
The Evening Standard website (standard.co.uk) is looking for a talented social media producer to oversee, manage and curate the social media platforms for the digital features section, which includes Lifestyle, Going Out, Shopping and our new Luxury platform, Insider.
The successful candidate will also produce content both on-site and directly onto social media platforms with online engagement, traffic growth and brand awareness as the key measures of success.
- Work with relevant departments in achieving stated objectives in terms of traffic growth and online engagement
- Reporting into the digital section editors and overseeing all features social platforms
- Communicate best practices for distributing, sharing and optimising content
- Work with digital editors to develop and deliver a coherent and successful social media strategy, including video
- Work closely with content heads to pitch and create original and unique stories to drive engagement on social media
- Constantly monitor and register social media trends and new platforms/channels
- Ensure best-use and projection of images and video content on social media platforms
- Ensure that all content is of the highest possible standard and adheres to ‘house-brand’ requirements, with an awareness of the readers’ point of view
- Ensure legal and taste and decency obligations are adhered to
- Where necessary, work with commercial colleagues to give guidance on delivering campaigns
- Managing budgets and providing reporting for paid social boosting. Working to ensure that appropriate audiences are targeted for the best possible return on investment for engagement, followers and traffic
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of two years’ editorial social media experience
- Strong familiarity with the Evening Standard brands and our coverage
- A keen sense and interest in the topics and issues of the day and an appreciation of what type of content works well online
- Experience of collaborating with teams to grow audience both on site and across platforms
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced media environment
- Have an understanding of the key role data analytics play in story selection and execution
- You will be flexible about working hours and weekend cover
- Brimming with ideas and enthusiasm
- Responsive delivery – work to specified traffic targets and commercial objectives
- Collaboration – ability to build and maintain positive and supporting working relationships with colleagues, helping to create an inclusive and professional work environment
- Initiative – effort to continuously update own knowledge and skill-set to support the achievement of business objectives
- Flexible – able to work in a smart, flexible and focussed way, and be open to change, while also suggesting ideas for improvements
To apply, please complete the application form below to send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Closing date: 12 April 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Apply for Evening Standard, Social Media Producer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly