Evening Standard & The Independent, Commercial Content Sub-Editor
ESI Media is an innovative multichannel media business, with a cross-platform reach of 23.1m. Our brands include The Independent, the London Evening Standard, and London Live. We have offices based in the UK and US.
Responsible for the quality and accuracy of all written content produced by the commercial department.
- Proven experience of editing, sub-editing and proofreading print and online content
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with tight, multiple deadlines
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Able to work within set brand guidelines
- Proactive – can spot potential issues and address them before they become problems
- Understanding of the Evening Standard/Independent audience
- Ensure all created content is of excellent quality. This includes sub-editing native articles, advertorials, supplements, magazines, online hubs and social content
- Subbing, meticulous fact checking, fitting copy
- Writing creative heads, sells and captions
- Writing/rewriting copy
- Laying out templated content as and when required
- Manage and update the house-style guide
Skills and experience:
- Fluent in InDesign, Photoshop and content management systems
- Knowledge of branded content compliance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good commercial acumen
- Good team player
- Good communicator
To apply, please complete the application form below to send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Closing date: 14 April 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Apply for Evening Standard & The Independent, Commercial Content Sub-Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly