The Telegraph, Editor - Stella
1 day left
- Full Time
Following the promotion of Stella's editor Marianne Jones to the position of editor of the Telegraph Magazine, we are searching for a fabulous new Stella editor
Under the award-winning leadership of Marianne, who becomes Stella's new editor-in-chief, we are looking for a candidate who can continue to successfully steer the brand across all of its platforms - from weekly print magazine to seven-day newsletter to consumer events.
You’ll join The Telegraph in a senior editorial role overseeing the print and digital content of Stella, plus brand extensions as and when required.
Reporting to the Editor-in-chief, you’ll be responsible for driving subscriptions with engaging and agenda-setting features, for liaising with the fashion, features, magazine design and picture editorial teams, the wider Lifestyle team and the Telegraph advertising team.
The Editor will also be responsible for directing and managing the Stella team across all platforms, for managing budgets for the title and for ensuring a smooth and efficient production process.
They will also liaise with readers, as well as advertisers when required, and attend external meetings, drive events, oversee and push the daily newsletter, to maintain and build the profile of the brand.
- Overseeing the editorial content of Stella Magazine every issue, generating cover, features, fashion, beauty, features and lifestyle ideas to fulfill our subscription strategy, seeing these through and maintaining the high editorial quality expected of the Telegraph brand.
- Ensuring a clear vision and maintain the high editorial quality and subscription targets expected of the brand.
- Managing the Stella Magazine team to ensure it delivers top quality journalism on all platforms, hitting subscription and digital targets.
- Running ideas meetings, plus brainstorming sessions, to constantly update and improve the editorial proposition across the brand.
- Liaise with other Lifestyle department heads, all freelance contributors plus other Telegraph departments as and when required.
- Ensure the magazines run on time and to budget every issue.
- Significant experience of writing, commissioning and editing, on time and to deadline, on national publications. Ideally you will have previously editor or deputy edited a weekly publication.
- Significant experience of, and contacts within, the fashion, beauty and features markets.
- A track record in ideas generation and innovation across all platforms.
- Experience of managing freelance contributors.
- Experience of budgeting.
- Strong interpersonal skills - including the ability to communicate effectively with heads of department, and across departments.
- Experience of leading an editorial team.
- Experience of liaising with commercial teams and advertisers.
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.