Retail Week Prospect, Senior Analytical Journalist
We're looking for a Senior Analytical Journalist to join our Prospect team in London, delivering insight and analysis on the strategies and performance of the leading 180 retailers in the UK.
Award-winning Retail Week Prospect is an online platform that enables suppliers to the retail industry to better understand the strategic direction of the UK's most tech-forward retailers, as well as their technology investment priorities and the key individuals that shape those strategies.
As part of our Prospect team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Writing in-depth profiles on a wide range of retailers, including the key individuals leading those businesses
- Management and development of 2 analytical journalists
- Ensuring that the retailer insight is as up to date as possible through quantitative and qualitative research, as well as in-depth interviews with key decision makers
- Working with retailers' financial accounts, and able to convert data into actionable insights and analysis to produce well-written content
- Assisting the sales team with client meetings and deliver trend presentations to customers when required
- The candidate will also have the opportunity produce deeper analytical and trend-led articles on the main Retail-Week.com site, as well as contribute to our thought leadership marketing reports looking at the macro trends in the sector
- Extensive business writing experience with a proven track record
- Editing experience is required
- You must also be able to perform under pressure and initiate updates as and when events happen
- People management experience is desirable
- Analytical mindset and comfortable with numbers
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to drive insight
- Prior knowledge and experience in the retail and technology space a bonus
- Experience in delivering presentations would be an advantage
- Confident in building relationships with retailers and liaising with high level executives
- Client facing experience would be a plus
- The successful applicant will have a can-do attitude, be able to adapt to changing priorities, be highly organised and willing to learn new skills
- Hard-working and dedicated
- Clear and effective communication skills, both in person and written
- Can work well based on their own initiative, as well as part of a team. Don't wait to be asked to do something, just go for it
- Keen to collaborate with colleagues and confident in making suggestions
What we offer:
- Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- * Season ticket loans
- In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
- We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
About Retail Week:
- We offer news, insights and data from the retail industry to a global audience. We're experts in our field, occupying the number one space in our sector with an unparalleled well-established reputation.
- Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, high-performing team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you to be flexible to do your best work.
- Retail Week is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Apply by completing the application form below.