Hillingdon Council, Web & Digital Officer
Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job:
This is an exciting opportunity to work for London’s second largest borough as part of a new and exciting digital transformation project.
Reporting into the Media, Campaigns and Digital Manager, you will be a key player in the Corporate Communications team and have frequent contact with officers from services across the council.
Whether your background is in the private or public sector, this role is your opportunity to join a large council during what is an interesting and challenging time for local government.
As a Web and Digital Officer, you’ll be accountable for the day-to-day management, ownership and development of the council’s digital communications, including all website and intranet content.
You will be responsible for delivering high quality and effective digital communications across a variety of channels to ensure that residents are well informed about the work the council does and the services it provides.
About the person
You will have significant experience of producing successful, innovative and engaging website and digital content, including social media for a large organisation.
Excellent knowledge of web development technologies, content management systems and social media is essential, as is the ability to analyse data to evaluate content and drive service delivery improvements.
You will be skilled in writing accurate, consistent and high-quality copy and strong editing skills are a must. The ability to manage a busy workload and meet set deadlines is also necessary.
You will work within a business partner model and be happy to work with people at all levels, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with services across the council.
For an informal discussion or further information about this role, please contact Emma Gilbertson on 01895 250828.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
To apply, please click 'Apply' now.
Closing date: 31 March 2019.