World of Cruising, Staff Writer
Real Response Media is looking for a talented and enthusiastic staff writer to work on World of Cruising, its market-leading monthly magazine.
We are looking for someone who is already working in consumer magazines or newspapers, writes quickly and accurately and is used to a high-paced environment.
This is a full-time role based at our offices in Highbury & Islington, London.
- Working closely with the Editor and Digital Content Editor to produce news and features both in print and online.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the magazine and its website.
- Writing and proofing, covering for the editor when required.
- Representing the company at external functions/events and meetings and on possible overseas trips, when deemed appropriate by the Editor.
- Building relationships with key individuals in the cruise industry and with readers.
- Communicating with readers regularly via social media
- Working on additional projects and supplements that build and support the brand.
Experience / skills required:
- Excellent journalism skills – research, writing and editing.
- You will be a conscientious writer/editor with a great eye for detail. Your copy should be accurate and grammatically correct.
- The ability to be able to work to tight deadlines, often on more than one title or project at a time.
- A proactive, adaptable, versatile approach.
- Ability to rework copy for publication online and in print, quickly and efficiently.
- Experience of working across both print and digital channels, including use of WordPress, InDesign and social media channels.
- A personable team player, with strong communication and organisational skills.
- The confidence and creativity to put new ideas forward, both in content and design.
- Experience of and contacts within the travel or cruise industry.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter, salary expectations and two relevant examples of work to Vicky Mayer by completing the application form below.