Mirror Online, Senior Showbiz Reporter
The Mirror Online is looking to bring onboard a Senior Showbiz Reporter to join our Showbiz team.
We are looking for an experienced writer with a go-to knowledge of Celebrity and TV news. As a Senior Celebrity Reporter you will be responsible for sourcing exclusive stories, covering breaking news, red carpets and awards shows.
Who are we? We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written news
- Responsible for taking over the deputies duties when they are off desk or on holiday
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering
- Being able to handle breaking news is a huge part of this role
- Be adept at social media to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms.
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines.
- Other responsibilities include helping with rotas and being flexible with working hours.
The Ideal Candidate:
- An excellent knowledge of UK and US celebrities and TV is essential
- Creative and the ability to write rapidly and accurately
- Proven ability to write excellent copy and break exclusives
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc has a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'Apply' now.