Reporter, Fund Intelligence - NY
Fund Intelligence, part of Pageant Media, is seeking a talented journalist to help lead the expansion of our market-leading coverage of the US asset management sector.
The role will involve covering some of the biggest US asset management companies at an important and exciting time for the sector, with technology transforming the way fund groups are marketing their products and running their businesses, and with the rise of passive investing and other market trends asking big strategic questions of US fund complexes.
The reporter will be based in Pageant Media’s recently opened New York office on Madison Square Park and work as part of a fast-paced 12-person news team.
The successful candidate will be expected to build up and cultivate a bulging book of helpful industry contacts and supply a regular stream of exclusive news articles, alongside longer in-depth analysis pieces exploring wider industry trends.
They will also cover events and industry conferences throughout the year, providing plenty of opportunities to travel and learn the space.
- Writing daily news articles and regularly breaking off-diary stories
- Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
- Regularly interview and profile heads of distribution, chief marketing officers, heads of product development, portfolio managers and CEOs.
- Build and maintain a contact book of senior industry professionals
- Represent the Fund Intelligence brand at a range of events, conferences and summits
- At least two years of reporting experience, preferably in financial journalism
- Must be willing to work out of our New York-based office
- Journalism degree training preferable
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- An interest in and some knowledge of the asset management sector is preferable, but not essential
How to Apply
Please complete the application form below to send a cover letter and resume to Fund Intelligence Managing Editor Paul McMillan.