Northern Trust, Senior PR Account Executive
The Senior PR Account Executive role forms part of an energetic and friendly integrated Corporate Marketing and Communications team based in London.
The successful candidate will serve as the face of the Media Relations desk and will work as part of an engaging team covering Northern Trust’s asset servicing, asset management and family office businesses across Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and Asia-Pacific (APAC).
Whilst reporting to the head of media relations for EMEA and APAC the successful candidate will work closely with global marketing, media teams and PR agencies across the regions.
They will be responsible for building relations with key global financial media and supporting senior Northern Trust spokespeople across the globe.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Pitching and facilitating media interviews and briefing and coaching spokespeople through message development and coordinating media training
- Writing and editing first drafts of external media communications (including press releases, speeches, social campaigns) and coordinating associated approvals processes
- Tracking press coverage, managing regional metrics and providing monthly reporting for media relations
- Preparing presentations, tracking results around campaigns (i.e. Social Media "shares", re-tweets) and presenting the data to leadership, as appropriate, at quarterly meetings
- Performing general press office duties including distributing press releases, responding to media queries, internal media relations enquiries and proofreading media communications
- Taking ownership and fully executing on all general press office administrative duties including managing media contact database, media calendar, securing logistical arrangements for media events and interviews, tracking media clips, preparing coverage reports and overseeing PR agencies’ reporting
- Posting to the corporate Twitter handle
- Building relationships with key reporters in the financial industry
Supporting media relations head in:
- Managing PR agencies across the regions
- Creating incident and crisis communications
- Managing major media campaigns
The ideal candidate should demonstrate some of the following qualifications:
- Media and/or communications experience at either a PR agency or an in-house team
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong organisational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks while meeting deadlines in a highly regulated environment
- Able to produce creative writing supported by cited sources such as previous work samples
- Willing and able to participate in a writing skills assessment
- An interest in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge of media relations in the digital age
- Demonstrated understanding of the broader media landscape and the impact social media has on it around the globe
- A strong understanding of Social Media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage several projects across time zones simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse range of people in a global team environment and manage projects individually
- A university or higher education degree and/or professional qualification in media studies, public relations, English, communication or a relevant field
Apply by completing the application form below.