CoStar News, Senior News Reporter (London, Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow)
CoStar News is the LEADING source of CRE news across the UK and is part of the world’s leading resource for commercial property information.
As part of a small but busy team, this exciting Senior News Reporter position will play an integral part in covering a fast-moving pan-European news coverage.
The Reporter will be expected to oversee CoStar’s commercial news reporting on the main regional UK markets, as well increasing exposure to European stories and ensuring the daily news service is the go- to place for news about the biggest news stories within commercial real estate.
We are looking for a hungry journalist who can get to know the key players in these markets and provide exceptional news, analysis and profiles to cement CoStar’s reputation as the must-read source of news for commercial property professionals across the UK.
This will also include some global travel to our USA HQ and global property conference events.
- Acting as direct contact for the Editor on the UK’s key markets by geography and sector.
- This role could be for a Regional News Editor, overseeing and improving CoStar’s coverage of the leading UK regional markets and overseeing dedicated bulletins for these markets
- Writing exceptional news and features, ensuring an increase in the number of exclusives and market-moving stories.
- Build significant contacts across the property spectrum. Travel to meet key players and attend and report on key events.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current affairs, trends and commercial property stories across the UK. Do this by reading all the key newspapers every day plus reading, listening to and watching as much other news and media as possible - both traditional and new.
- Aim to ensure that exclusive news stories are picked up and sourced to CoStar in the National and Regional Press.
- Ensure all news information is linked to the appropriate building within CoStar’s database of property information and work with CoStar’s researchers and analysts to enrich and improve the wider data products.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Educated to degree level is essential.
- Experienced journalist who ideally has worked on a business, financial or commercial property publication. The applicant should have a strong grasp of how to construct a news story, how to source news and what information is needed in a commercial property news story for it to have value for readers.
- Experience of interviewing and maintaining contacts with freelancers, PRs, publishers as well as key industry sources.
- Exceptional interviewing and writing skills and the necessary drive and journalistic training to deliver top quality copy.
- Good commercial property awareness.
- Experience working within a news team.
- Willingness to travel across UK and internationally when necessary.
- UK Driving License.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Apply by completing the application form below.