EY, Global Media Relations Senior Associate - Advisory
The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization.
We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations.
Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
Function: Brand, Marketing & Communications
Job rank: Senior Associate
Reports to: Global Media Relations and Social Media, Advisory - Assistant Director
The EY’s Global Media Relations and Social Media team is charged with promoting its brand, purpose, reputation and businesses around the world. The team works closely with EY’s global leadership across all its businesses and industry sectors.
EY is seeking an enthusiastic, reliable and energetic media relations and social media professional to join its award-winning Global Media Relations and Social Media team to support its fast-growing and Global Advisory business.
The EY Global Advisory business works closely with clients to help them solve their complex industry issues and capitalize on opportunities to grow, optimize and protect their businesses.
The role will help position EY as a leading voice on a wide range of key topics for Global Advisory, including emerging and foundational technologies (like blockchain, artificial intelligence and robotic process automation), risk, data analytics and cybersecurity.
The role also promotes the extended skills and capabilities EY offers through its strategic alliances and acquisitions. The senior associate works as part of a close team, supporting the associate director, global media relations and social media for Global Advisory.
The senior associate will help execute Global Advisory PR and social programs and also support EY’s network of PR professionals around the world to ensure Advisory programs and research secure media coverage in their key markets and countries.
The individual will ideally have had exposure to the consulting or advisory professional services environment or have worked in technology previously.
S/he will also have experience in all of the elements of the PR and social media mix: (including writing press releases, messaging, op-eds, blogs, results reports, more); experience managing social media channels (including advising and supporting leaders with social media, creating social media content, commissioning social graphics and cards).
The senior associate will have the soft skills to work with senior stakeholders and a diverse team; and be able to work well within a globally dispersed team across multiple time zones.
S/he is a dynamic self-starter and has the intellectual rigor and curiosity to work with complex and/or technical subject matter to create compelling and headline-grabbing media stories that work across the world.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, organized, proactive, energetic, detail-oriented professional who enjoys a mix of strategic planning, practical execution as well as measurement.
- Ability to work as part of a team and help executive on measurable PR plans
- Bring fresh ideas and thinking to the team; remain current on PR and relevant trends and embed in PR strategy and execution
- Position relevant leadership as experts on key industry issues and hot topics by securing media briefings, placing op-eds/comment pieces and pitching reports
- Flexible, adaptable, high attention to detail and natural intellectual curiosity and interest in the subjects
- Remain current on topical news relating to priority issues to proactively develop opportunities for comment or for pitching reports
- Engage directly with key international media to improve EY’s profile
- Organized, pragmatic and high attention to detail
- Ability to plan effectively to create a compelling PR calendar of activities for track features across all relevant media
- Prepare press releases and other media briefing materials for launches of global surveys ,technology solutions, studies and campaigns; create content that builds engagement with the global media relations network
- Manage EY Global Advisory social media channels (write and schedule daily social media postings, film social content, commission social content) and manage the development and distribution of the weekly Advisory social media newsletter
- Work across time zones and communicate regularly with the EY global PR network, informing them of appropriate initiatives and briefing them where appropriate
- Draft regular progress reports for EY global leadership on PR activity and metrics
- Continually act as an ambassador for BMC across all internal and external engagements
- Work as part of a team and provide PR support as needed to key firm-wide projects such as WEOY, WEF and others as defined by management.
Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders in building effective media programs and engaging with the international media
- Extensive experience in managing and advising senior leadership on a day-to-day basis
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive to get the job done; the potential to develop within the organization
- An ability to work with challenging, sometimes technical content
- An understanding of, and keen interest in, print and broadcast media relations; demonstrate strong media relationship development experience
- Good existing relationships or work effectively with producers at broadcast media (including CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN and BBC World) and general business and markets writers at key international media (including Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters, Dow Jones)
- Strong social media skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with people in countries around the globe. Ideally some experience in handling international project launches.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; reliability
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing expectations along the way
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management and organizational skills
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Excellent communication and networking experience and skills in a wide range of situations and with people at all levels within the organization, including global leadership
- Social media channel management experience preferred (Twitter; experience using Sprinklr ideal).
- This role is based in London
- Global travel will be required pending business needs.
- PR experience working in-house or agency; also experience working with corporate, financial or professional services organizations
- Experience managing high-profile events, ideally global events that involve a large number of countries
- Experience working with senior executives and managing individuals’ media profiles.
Click 'Apply' now.
This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and/or the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.