PinkNews, PR & Communications Manager
PinkNews is seeking an experienced PR and Communications Manager to join the team and help create, implement and realise the PinkNews PR and communications strategy.
This is a new role and a real opportunity to make a difference, delivering PR and communications solutions to drive PinkNews’ business objectives and tell the story of the world’s largest publisher of sexuality and gender.
You will be a true self-starter with a great contact book and be passionate about current affairs and LGBT+ news, with an interest in working across politics and entertainment.
You will be the primary media contact for PinkNews, responding to enquiries and proactively identifying and seeking out opportunities to promote PinkNews - working with the editorial and events team to achieve maximum coverage of our work and also with the wider team on corporate communication opportunities.
This is an exciting time to join PinkNews as we expand onto new platforms, into new territories and build our brand.
- Liaise with the editorial and wider content team to identify stories suitable for promotion
- Ensure PinkNews content, across all platforms, is given the greatest opportunity for wider media coverage
- Write and distribute press releases and other press materials as required
- Play an active role in the promotion of the PinkNews brand
- Manage all press enquiries relating to PinkNews
- Manage the PR and communications around all PinkNews events, including the annual PinkNews Awards, ensuring extensive coverage is secured in national press
- Creating copy around PinkNews events and news
- Build and maintain the public profiles of senior PinkNews team members
- Build and maintain contacts with journalists and PR agencies
Skills and experience
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience working in a PR or communications role
- Experience in building and implementing a PR and communications strategy
- Strong events experience
- An interest in journalism and LGBT+ news
- Proven ability to secure press coverage - both of newslines as well as profile / speaking opportunities
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Experience of working across both politics and entertainment
- Working knowledge of Wordpress is desirable
- Please complete the application form below with your CV and cover letter.
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.
Apply for PinkNews, PR & Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly