Rankin, Editorial Director - The Full Service & Hunger
We’re looking for an Editorial Director to lead editorial, drive business and nurture new opportunities across The Full Service and Hunger.
If you've got 5 years experience or more overseeing editorial strategy and growth at a senior level this could be the opportunity for you.
About Us –
The Full Service is Rankin’s new hybrid cultural company encompassing creative services, contract publishing, production, editorial verticals/platforms, and talent representation. We are a fast growing, thriving cultural community creating great short and long form content on an hourly basis.
We are a team of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors who collaborate with brands ranging from luxury to FMCG, charities, editorial platforms, beauty, fashion & automotive.
We help brands be culturally relevant through creative communication, campaigns, brand building & content creation.
We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
The Editorial Director is to have overall responsibility for leading editorial and driving the business effectively and profitably and managing all aspects of client relationships.
You will have the ability to provide strategic direction, inspiration and leadership to the team and champion creative thinking at all levels.
You will work closely with creative, production, marketing, sales and new business to maximize the opportunities within various relationships, help focus the business priorities and drive new business.
Deliverables / KPIs
- Create and maintain editorial strategy across the group.
- Maintain and strengthen quality of the Hunger brand across print, digital and social.
- Oversee targeted growth of the Hunger brand incl. print, digital and social.
- Partner sales team to secure branded content and partnerships.
- Assume brand ambassadorship for The Full Service and Hunger.
- Provide leadership to, and effectively manage the development and performance of an editorial team.
- Editing Hunger magazine and overseeing all text in Hunger magazine, Hunger TV, group social media and The Full Service editorial work incl. tone of voice and subbing on day-to-day basis.
- Managing editorial team.
- Theming each issue of Hunger magazine, booking cover star and all inside key talent including art and documentary.
- Working with The Full Service creative team to write and editorialising content for The Full Service pitches.
- Oversee the content journey from pitch to publish, ensuring quality output along the way.
- Pitching to The Full Service and Hunger clients in meetings.
- Curating talent for The Full Service and Rankin projects and securing them through management.
- Working in tandem with the Sales Director to secure branded content and editorialise it to a high standard for a range of clients across The Full Service and Hunger brand.
- Interviewing, commissioning and writing features and interviews for Hunger magazine and Hunger TV and The Full Service editorial projects.
- Working in tandem with the Social Media Manager to create a social media schedule that fits with Hunger timelines and content.
- Ideating Hunger events incl. launch parties, talk series and branded events.
- Liaising with talent bookers and managers, PRs and marketing agencies.
- Maintaining and fostering good relationships across fashion, music, art, beauty and photography spheres.
- Working with outside publications and PR to secure press for Hunger.
- Representing both Hunger and The Full Service at industry events and opportunities internationally.
- Working with Sales Director in pitching and creating contract publishing work.
- Creating portfolio for potential contract work and expanding that area of business.
- Developing future initiatives of music, beauty and hair platforms on social and eventually on web.
- Five years minimum experience in similar role
- Excellent literacy skills
- Excellent writing, commissioning and ideating skills
- Strong working knowledge of both high and pop culture, current affairs, marketing and media landscape incl. social media
- Strong understanding of data analytics and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of content
- Team management skills
- A tastemaker with strong understanding of emerging global trends
- Strong industry contacts and relationships and the ability to continue to grow these across both PR and marketing sphere
- Creative minded problem solver with excellent editorial ideas
- Organised and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Inspiring team leader and motivator
- Logical thinker who is cool under pressure
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office
- Proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign
- Understanding CMS systems and social media platforms, established and emerging
- Ideally, have commercial or branded content experience, and experience of adapting content strategies across multiple platforms
- Content production experience
Complete the application form below, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter that must address the above criteria.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Rankin, Editorial Director - The Full Service & Hunger
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly