South China Morning Post, Production Editor - Wires, Asia / International Desks (Hong Kong)
The SCMP’s Asia and International desks are hiring.
As part of this transformation, we are seeking a talented, experienced and passionate copy taster to work on both desks.
- Monitoring wire services, selecting stories for publication
- Editing, fact-checking and ensuring copy is free from errors
- Crafting top quality Search Engine Optimised headlines, sub-heads and picture and graphics captions
- Ensuring all stories have accurate and eye-catching visual elements
- Keen ability to get to the heart of a story quickly and clearly, highlighting the stakes for a global audience
- Minimum three years of experience in a real-time online news operation, wire service or a newspaper is essential. Experience of covering wires is an advantage
- Awareness of media law and legal dangers, and of social media as a news dissemination tool. Audience-focused with an excellent understanding of international markets
- Can-do attitude with excellent English skills and zero tolerance for spelling errors
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Chinese-language skills an advantage
- The ability to work quickly under pressure, without compromising on quality
Work location will be at Causeway Bay Office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy/
Apply by completing the application form below.
You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.