Hearst Media Solutions, Digital Designer
REPORTS TO: Global Digital Marketing Director
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Hearst Media Solutions, Global is looking for a Digital Designer who can help us grow and deliver our digital creative output as part of a multi-market sales and marketing division.
Working across all Hearst brands – including ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Men’s Health and Harper’s Bazaar—this role will help refine the visual output for our division including templates, branding, and mocks/comps to bring our pitch ideas to life.
A key partner to our Marketing and Global Creative Directors, they will help bring to life large-scale proactive concepts through best-in-class visuals and creative thinking.
In addition, they will support our audience development team to support in the creation of assets and content delivery for booked campaigns when needed - including interactive elements and GIFs for digital content, Facebook Canvas designs, Instagram animations, bespoke display banners and more.
Collaboration is key as you will work with our international content studios, designers, art directors, editors and developers to maintain consistency and quality.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Elevate the design of HMS Global materials, templates and pitches
- Deliver digital designs consistent with editorial brand voice and campaign strategy
- Drive the development and ideation of new commercial design opportunities
- Represent the HMS Global internally and externally in your position as a digital design expert to help support clients and influence campaign strategy
- Support Creative Director with key proactive pitches
- Partner with marketing/sales staff with digital mocks and assets for pitch meetings and proposals
- Create video showreels and visual materials to be used for pre-sales, awards entries and brief conversions
- Convert and interpret supplied assets into successful content / ad units for Hearst sites as well as Facebook, instagram and beyond where needed
- Work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to ensure that the team’s designs are delivered on time and in-line within campaign and brand guidelines
- Relevant industry experience within digital design – working with brands, advertising and content
- Outstanding portfolio of successfully delivered projects that demonstrate a strong flair for visual communication of content, conceptual thinking and attention to detail
- Creative vision and endless ideas
- Your design skills will demonstrate aesthetic diversity applied to a variety of brands, showing an appreciation for relevant audiences
- An innovator with a passion to deliver new, interesting and well-considered creative solutions to expectant clients
- Passionate about design trends, inspired and engaged by digital innovation
- Keen understanding of user experience and interaction design, ability to champion user needs when priorities are set and understand user journeys within a commercial environment
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Demonstrate an appreciation for responsive design and communication of rich media content across various devices as part of a user journey
- Proven knowledge of Creative suite. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS would be a bonus
- Experience with Celtra, DoubleClick, and other Rich Media platforms a plus
- It is essential you are a team player – able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with both our print and digital delivery teams and take direction from senior stakeholders
Click 'Apply' now.