Hearst UK, Consumer Writer - Lifestyle
Driven by the desire to help, advise, inform and empower? We’re looking for a well-motivated, inquisitive and flexible consumer writer with a keen interest in consumer affairs, personal finance or news for Hearst Lifestyle’s busy consumer department, working across print and digital, Good Housekeeping, Red, Prima and our new Financially Fabulous inititative.
- Initiating consumer and money ideas for print and digital
- Writing consumer content for Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima magazines
- Writing consumer, money and household advice content for the Good Housekeeping website
- Ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Work well with other departments to produce specialist content
- Sub-editing and uploading product reviews from the GHI’s database to the website
- To ensure our digital output has good SEO and ecommerce links
- Creating content for and building our GHI weekly newsletter and our Financially Fabulous fortnightly newsletter
- A natural instinct for investigative journalism
- Good writing skills with a high degree of editorial accuracy and integrity.
- The ability to collaborate with the immediate and wider teams
- Ideally you will already have digital expertise (SEO, social media, CMS savvy)
- A confident team player, possibly at the start of your journalistic career.
- Consumer affairs and money have long been Cinderella areas of women’s lifestyle but all that’s changed – we’re looking for someone who gets that and could demonstrate real skills and a proven track record for bringing these challenging topics to a consumer audience.
Click 'Apply' now.