The Telegraph, Digital Education & Careers Editor
The Digital Education & Careers Editor will have the exciting opportunity to create the UK’s No1 website for Education & Careers, from schooling to universities to working life, and lead the desk’s drive for digital subscriptions.
- Work with the Head of Digital Lifestyle, Education Editor and others to construct and populate our new Education & Careers channel
- Work with desk editors to commission and, where appropriate, write brilliant features, comment, series, and expert information and advice across Education and Careers issues
- Work with our New Formats team to develop a market-leading guide to schools and universities, and a suite of online careers advice tools
- Work with our Newsletters team to create a series of innovative new newsletters
- Work with our Social media, SEO and Community teams to build an engaged audience for our Education & Careers journalism across multiple platforms
- A passion for Education journalism
- Excellent editorial judgement
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines, but also to think creatively about original new ways to tell stories digitally
- Experience of commissioning digital content and coordinating digital plans
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the newsroom
- Understanding of how to use data analytics, and of the nature of The Telegraph’s audience
- Understanding of how to build engagement with a digital audience
- Excellent command of Social Media, SEO and Video strategy
- Full knowledge of media law
Click 'Apply' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.