Energy Intelligence, Oil Markets Reporter
Reporting to: London Bureau Chief
Energy Intelligence is an independent provider of energy and geopolitical insights, analysis, data, and research. The company’s reputation has been built on uncompromised independent analysis from access to primary sources of information and data.
With editorial coverage in 15 focused daily and weekly publications and nearly 60 years of archives, our award-winning Information Services team delivers high-quality news and analysis covering the most important developments in the energy industry.
We are looking for an oil markets reporter based in our London bureau, and involves producing original news and analysis on European and Atlantic Basin physical and paper oil markets -- with particular emphasis on the North Sea, Mediterranean and West African crude markets – for a range of Energy Intelligence publications.
The successful candidate will have an established track record in oil market reporting, a solid grasp of oil market fundamentals and trading dynamics, strong writing and analytical skills and a good contact book.
He or she should also be able to work independently with little supervision, and to find and develop original news and feature story ideas that will help differentiate Energy Intelligence from its competitors.
- Work as part of our international oil markets team, with focus on European and Atlantic Basin crude markets, both paper and physical, as well as the European refining sector.
- Provide regular news-driven stories for International Oil Daily, and longer analytical features looking at market trends and their implications for various of our weekly publications, including Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, Energy Compass, Jet Fuel Intelligence and Nefte Compass, and for our monthly market title, Oil Market Intelligence.
- Attend weekly editorial planning meetings to coordinate oil market coverage with editors and reporters in other bureaus.
- Attend conferences, corporate presentations and other industry events as required in London and overseas in support of our coverage.
Skills / Experience:
- Established track record in oil market journalism, including a proven ability to interpret and explain oil market data
- Clear and concise writing style
- Prominent level of numeracy and strong data skills
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Ability to develop original story and analytical ideas and see angles our competitors do not
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communications skills to facilitate cooperation with colleagues in London bureau and overseas
- Good presentational skills to support engagement with clients
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV by completing the application form below.
Energy Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Energy Intelligence will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against applicants or employees because they have enquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another applicant or employee. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as on offer or guarantee of employment.