Financial Crime Digest, Deputy Editor
Aperio’s industry-leading financial crime publication, the Financial Crime Digest is read by thousands of compliance and legal professionals worldwide.
The Financial Crime Digest provides regular updates on important developments in the areas of money laundering and fraud, bribery and corruption, tax evasion, sanctions and other aspects of financial crime.
To support the ongoing development and marketing of the Financial Crime Digest, we are now seeking a full-time deputy editor for this publication.
The Financial Crime Digest is published monthly and there is an annual edition published in December.
You will be a dedicated follower and/or commentator on global financial crime issues, and the impact these issues have on markets, companies, individuals and society.
You will have an in-depth understanding of current financial crime topics and trends, including relevant legislation.
You will have a fervent desire to seek insight on new and emerging financial crime issues, and will be comfortable seeking views directly from a wide range of industry participants, regulators or interested parties.
In doing so, you will help increase the readership of the Financial Crime Digest and will increase its global profile in professional circles
- You will be responsible for editing stories for the Financial Crime Digest, reporting to the editor of the Financial Crime Digest, based in London.
- You will be responsible for monitoring technical developments, press and media coverage, and country developments using open-source tools, and proprietary databases.
- You will be expected to be in regular, ongoing contact with industry participants to seek their views on emerging trends/threats.
- You will support the editor in working with executive team members to develop the content of the Financial Crime Digest and consider associated services that may be of relevance to our readers.
- You will also help maintain Aperio’s social media presence relating to financial crime matters and support our thought-leadership in this area.
- You will assist the editorial team to track readership data of the publication and provide executive team members with performance and statistics on a regular basis.
- An opportunity to work with a team that encourages and relies on creativity, innovation and new perspectives.
- The opportunity to gain experience by working closely with the company’s senior management.
- The chance to be involved in the development of a market-leading publication and a ground-breaking platform, building on a high degree of existing appreciation for the Financial Crime Digest.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Demonstrate excellent written English and proven business writing skills. Proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
- Be able to clearly demonstrate a passion for financial crime issues.
- Be technically knowledgeable about financial crime matters, including money laundering, bribery and corruption, tax evasion and sanctions risks.
- Be able to work at pace and manage multiple deadlines to ensure timely publication of material.
- Be outgoing and engaging, and willing to pursue dialogue with a wide range of sources about current financial crime issues.
- Be able to work effectively with various parties and possess strong communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, demonstrating initiative, drive, enthusiasm and a desire to innovate.
- Experience in communications, PR or a legal background is welcome.
- An understanding of marketing tools and campaigns.
An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate, based on circumstances and experience. Aperio Intelligence is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below with a copy of your curriculum vitae and a covering letter setting out why you are suitable and your motivations.
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process and will be invited to provide samples of written work and/or submit written evaluations.