Aceville Publications, Content Marketing Executive / Deputy Online Editor
Reporting to: Online Editor
A new role to service our rapidly expanding business titles.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Executive to create compelling blog posts, web copy, social media posts and to update and develop all online content.
You will report to the Online Editor to help us expand our digital footprint and drive more value through online content.
With an overall understanding of how the major search engines work and what people are searching for when they visit specific websites, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement, drive traffic and support the overall marketing strategy.
The position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write quality material. Must be commercially minded, creative and with the ability to work using their own initiative.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Core website copy
- Blogs and news articles
- Social media
- Content for newsletters
- Case studies, testimonials
SKILLS AND DUTIES:
- Working with internal and external writers and contributors to develop quality content
- Generating unique, quality copy and online feature ideas that appeal to our audiences
- Creating varied content, including interviews, research, news, case studies, reports, market information
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Generating new ideas for content and suggesting improvements on an ongoing basis
- Adapting print content for use online and in social media
- Promoting content on social media in line with the social media strategy and increasing followings across all relevant platforms
- Identifying audience needs and gaps in our content and recommending new content
- Updating regular website content as needed
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Working to integrate all platforms to cross promote and increase traffic/followers/readers
- Helping identify opportunities outside the business with potential to increase traffic
- Accurate spelling and grammar
- Excellent writing skills
- A deep understanding of audience and what motivates them online
- Great research, organisational and learning skills
- Familiarity with keyword placing and other SEO
- An understanding of formating articles online
- The ability to take complex information and turn it into easy-to-understand copy
- Confidence to liaise with contributors and clients on the phone and face-to-face
- Ability to research a subject in order to extract the key information
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritise workload
- Commercially-minded, with the ability to identify potential revenue streams online
Apply by completing the application form below.