Dow Jones, KYC Onboarding Analyst - Data Solutions (Singapore)
When you join Dow Jones you become part of one of the most dynamic news and information companies in the world.
This position is part of DJ's Data Strategy Group, which collects and integrates proprietary data and third-party licensed content, processing more than 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources in 26 languages.
Data Strategy also provides equity exchange data from 43 countries and creates content on markets, companies and people to help users identify business opportunities and manage risk.
The Data Solutions team is integral to Dow Jones Data Strategy. Dow Jones Risk & Compliance Data Solutions leverage our market-leading research expertise and methodologies to assist organisations with data-related projects, providing value-added services to deliver projects on time and within budget.
The role of the KYC Onboarding Analyst is to perform real-time AML risk-based review and analysis on new customers who match with Dow Jones Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons and Adverse Media lists.
This role performs watch list screening for name matching, utilizing an understanding of Bank AML and OFAC regulatory policies and procedures.
There is a high degree of responsibility attached to this role as the role holder will be responsible for disposition of name screening escalations within a short time frame and accurately resolve matches identified. It also requires the ability to consolidate multiple data sets from different sources and analyse the data accurately and efficiently.
When processing data, it is crucial that the person is able to identify problems as they arise and provide appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
In addition, this role requires effective and efficient communication with Relationship Managers, ensuring the necessary information in order to onboard a customer is accurate and complete.
The KYC Onboarding Analyst will be responsible for ensuring accurate, complete and up-to-date internal documentation as well as client-facing material related to Data Solutions.
A professional attitude will be necessary as the KYC Onboarding Analyst will be exposed to client facing environments when working on-site at client offices.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required:
- Familiar with AML typologies, any experience with name (or transaction) screening in banking environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with Factiva, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance (or similar products) are considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English is essential. Professional-level fluency in any of the following languages will be a significant advantage: Chinese, Arabic, Malay, Burmese, Japanese, Vietnamese or Hindi.
- Ensuring appropriate and confidential handling / sharing of sensitive client data
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail along with a tenacity for noticing anomalies is critical
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Customer-focused: putting the customer first responding with a sense of urgency
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
- Flexible team player with a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- This is a 1-year contract position with the possibility of permanent conversion thereafter
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please click 'Apply' to submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).