Editor - Banking News, S&P Global Market Intelligence - VA
Seeking an editor and leader with a passion for financial news and journalism.
We focus on the U.S. banking industry but our team is global, providing around-the-clock coverage of all the news that matters in the bank world — the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy decisions, bank regulations, de novos, M&A, fintech startups — we cover it all, and we do it with data.
S&P Global Market Intelligence’s unmatched data helps us drive stories beyond the headlines. Our reporters and editors dive deep to help readers understand the trends shaping the banking world. From the smallest credit unions and community lenders to the biggest banks in the nation, we cover it all.
The ideal candidate will have management experience, industry knowledge and editing skills, and will love to brainstorm story ideas and thrive on collaboration.
S & P Global Market Intelligence
With a global newsroom of more than 350 reporters and editors across five continents, you will work daily with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The Bank News team is a tightknit group working from several different offices. In this role, you will lead a team of financial reporters to cover breaking news and develop long-form stories.
Our journalists combine subject matter expertise, a real passion for news and best-in-class data.
We comb through regulatory filings, attend top industry events, and monitor market trends to bring readers the information they need to know.
Our comprehensive and timely news gathering operation combined with our enterprise journalism creates a unique news source essential to any sector-focused professional.
What's in it for you:
- Explore a highly rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Utilize our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment and a competitive benefits package, including annual, performance-driven bonuses.
- Help reporters and data journalists craft and execute story pitches.
- Edit a mix of breaking news, longer-form stories and data-driven analyses.
- Collaborate with Data Journalists to find ways to incorporate data into stories, driving our news beyond the headlines.
- Collaborate with Production team to craft creative infographics and visuals.
- Coach and mentor team members, including direct management responsibilities.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years management experience.
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.).
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Strong communication skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe.
- Business journalism experience.
- Experience covering the U.S. banking sector a big advantage.
- Experience working with remote teams.
Click 'Apply' now.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.