The Grocer, Food & Drink Reporter
The Grocer is looking for a smart, curious and hard working reporter to deliver regular insightful and interesting news, as well as blogs, features, profiles and video content, on the vibrant, colourful and fast-changing grocery scene.
You’ll be working for the UK’s biggest, most influential and most interesting business publication (and its website), covering topics such as shopper behaviour, consumer trends, new product development, business strategy and performance, technological developments, prices and promotions, marketing campaigns, and the environment.
What we’re looking for:
- A love of food and drink is a bonus, as is knowledge of retail, but what we want most is someone with a passion for great journalism, including:
- A demonstrable nose for news
- The ability to tell stories and convey information compellingly and succinctly
- Ambition and the desire to succeed and progress
- The ability to engage and network with senior level contacts
- A range of digital, multimedia skills.
Standards are very high, but for the right candidate, this role offers huge job satisfaction, the chance to work with a large team of award-winning journalists on an innovative and progressive publication, together with lots of training and career development opportunities, and a competitive salary and benefits.
The Grocer is the bible of the £200bn grocery retail market and the flagship title of the highly successful William Reed group.
Based in newly refurbished offices in Crawley, William Reed is a fast growing, family owned publishing company with offices in the UK, Montpellier, Chicago and Singapore.
How to apply:
To apply please complete the application form below, including a covering letter explaining why you are right for the job, together with some clippings or links that demonstrate your best work, and a copy of your CV.