Dow Jones, Rewrite Editor - APAC (Singapore)
2 days left
- Full Time
Dow Jones Newswires seeks digitally proficient financial journalists to write, edit and publish breaking corporate and market news from Asia-Pacific.
This is a fast-paced job aimed at delivering real-time news to the professional investors who need it. Candidates will need the versatility and confidence to handle market-sensitive news of all kinds, as well as edits under tight deadline pressure.
We are looking for journalists with experience in a fast-paced news environment and a background in corporate and markets coverage.
The successful candidate must have both a strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill market-moving news contained in press releases, corporate filings, conference calls and other disclosures.
Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to collaborate in a team environment are essential. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and 3-5 samples of company news coverage.
This role is based in Singapore.
Reports to: Senior Publishing Editor
- Exercises strong news judgment in headline writing, editing and fast-paced publishing.
- Knows how to edit for accuracy and essential details while expediting publishing; understands how to enhance stories iteratively through updates.
- Proficient in numeracy, draws on deep financial knowledge, and is confident analyzing the data behind a story in real time.
- Demonstrates the ability to edit for grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, structure, balance and fairness.
- Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Recognizes the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
Digital media skills:
- Easily adjusts to editing on different systems and platforms and various formats and styles.
- Proficient in using technology to enhance speed and efficiency of monitoring news, checking facts, handling urgent stories and communicating across teams.
- Understands the importance of proper coding and tagging for headlines and different types of content for different channels.
- Command of newsroom editorial tools, metadata and internal coding for Newswires.
- Takes pride in and ownership of his or her own work.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Meets deadlines.
- Collaborates with reporters and editors from other groups.
- Understands workflow beyond his or her own needs.
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Functions well within a team.
- Wants to learn new skills.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit a cover letter and detailed resume, current and expected salary.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).