France Magazine, Assistant Editor
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Assistant Editor to join the team on France Magazine.
The magazine is part of our market-leading France portfolio which includes sister titles Living France and French Property News magazines, and the website CompleteFrance.com.
Working alongside our Editor, you will produce engaging editorial, including regular pages and features.
Writing and sub-editing for both print and online, the role will also encompass picture research and social media as well as overseeing essential administrative tasks and liaising with contributors and PRs.
An eye for accuracy is essential in order to maintain the magazine’s high standards when subbing and page proofing. In addition to your responsibilities in the office, you may be required to attend some events such as exhibitions and press trips.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Several years experience in a similar role
- A degree-level education, ideally with a journalism qualification
- Passion/interest in France, preferably with French language skills
- Creativity and ideas to drive magazine forward
- The ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously, while remaining calm under pressure
- You should be a team player with excellent communication skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary paying up to £25,000
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Pension 5% matched contribution
- Archant Gold – matched charity fund raising
- One volunteer day per annum
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
Please email your CV and a cover note explaining why you feel you are suited to the role by completing the application form below.