ESI Media, Sport Sponsorship Manager
Sport represents a huge opportunity for ESI Media, with readers across our brands enjoying credible, trusted journalism on multiple platforms.
Sport has been identified as an area for revenue growth for ESI Media and we aim to match high reader engagement with well thought out sponsorship opportunities for brands. The Sports Sponsorship Manager will be key in developing a future strategy and increasing revenue for our sport business.
You will be skilled across multi-platforms, have a good understanding of the media landscape and an appreciation of what works well for readers, providing the perfect balance to deliver effective campaigns for brands.
Reporting into the head of sponsorship, this forward facing and pro-active role will be instrumental in helping to build on a growing area of our business and key to ESI Media’s goal as being one of the most high profile and engaging media owners in the market place.
Revenue generation will be delivered around a focused sport sponsorship strategy and sales plan for 2019-20:
- Grow sport sector again
- Increase revenue again with special focus on independent.co.uk
- Repeat football success with other sports (US sport)
- Increase brand count. Reduce risk of reliance on bookmakers
- Explore new platforms (Events, Video, Social etc)
- Improve reputation and profile
- Share knowledge and experience with rest of business
- Inspire more internally and externally
- Improve external profile – be targeted
The sport sponsorship manager will be ensuring that there is a spotlight on ESI Media’s business by developing memorable and exciting packages to engage with clients and agencies.
An ability to articulate our sport sponsorship offering in an informative, exciting and interesting way is a must as is forward planning, organisation, persistence, patience and a proven track record of closing business.
The sport sponsorship manager will represent all ESI Media brands and platforms working closely with all departments to consistently feed the pipeline.
An understanding of or background in editorial or content creation is essential as the sport sponsorship manager will be expected to work closely with both sports editorial and commercial teams to ensure they are fused with the ambitions of our clients and agencies.
The sport sponsorship manager will also be expected to have a strong knowledge in the fields of sport and business which have represented significant areas of growth in sponsorship over the past four years.
Ultimate success will be based on relationships being strong AND profitable.
The sport sponsorship manager will be responsible with generating revenue for sponsorship around the following key events: The Rugby World Cup and the 2020 Olympic Games.
- Pro-active – to continually identify, improve and increase the level of proactive ideas for key clients and categories. Selling directly to clients, senior agency buyers, partnership units within media agencies and directly to PR agencies and sports marketing agencies.
- Tactical – To improve our revenue performance and reputation by responding to sports news, current affairs or market intelligence in real-time with relevant creative ideas to key clients and categories.
- Planning – Demonstrating an understanding of the sporting calendar year and recognising that some sponsorships can take in excess of six months to close.
- Collaboration - To work closely with sports editorial to identify new content opportunities within their particular area and sell these to appropriate customers.
- Sales Strategy – To create a strategy that fits with the overall business objectives and strategic aims of the brands and made relevant for a portfolio of agencies. Focused on driving revenue and identify the tactics and activities that will make that happen.
- Creative Reputation – To work with our marketing team to build engaging ways to interact with the creative and planning community.
- Relationships - PR – To have unique relationships within the field of sports marketing and developing on the increased budgets now available to PR agencies.
- Relationships - Agency - To have the gravitas and understanding of how to effectively position sponsorship ideas with senior planners in specialist sports and business teams.
- Relationships - Client – Ability to build new client relationships based around the existing portfolio of official sponsors at key calendar events.
- Platform agnostic – To be able to identify and explore the creative opportunities of all the platforms we represent.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Ability to create and execute against a clear strategy, galvanizing a multifunctional team around its purpose and its goals.
- Builds strong and trusting strategic relationships across a significant stakeholder population to drive business performance forward, both internally and externally.
- Innovative in outlook to use future trends to define current strategy.
- Results focussed with experience of making a difference and winning business.
Skills, attitude and outlook:
- Fresh thinker
Please complete the application form below send us an updated CV and a cover letter with salary expectation, explaining why you feel you are suited to ESI Media group and this role.
ESI Media is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
Apply for ESI Media, Sport Sponsorship Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly