Debtwire, Credit Reporter - Restructuring
Debtwire is the leading news service and information provider in the leveraged finance markets, providing market-moving intelligence and data on new issues in the primary markets, performance of the issuers in the secondary market and on full-blown financial restructurings.
Debtwire is looking for a reporter to join its restructuring desk to cover the European distressed debt market.
You will be delving into primarily underperforming private equity-backed companies, writing analytical updates on their performance as well as closely covering creditor negotiations, restructuring proposals and their implementation.
Focusing on mostly off-diary events, you will need to use your initiative to build relationships within the hedge fund, trader and advisory communities to uncover leads and verify the information.
The private nature of the industry means unveiling information from well-placed sources is the first challenge, but you should also have an analytical mind as this is a highly technical market and you will become a market commentator as well as analyse companies’ capital structures and earnings.
You will work on a small, collaborative desk and receive support and on the job training.
- Produce analytical and commentary pieces on underperforming credits based on a solid understanding of balance sheets and sector trends
- Produce exclusive off-diary articles and breaking news on distressed European credits, such as creditor negotiations, restructuring proposals and their implementation
- Write exclusive articles based on information sourced from hedge funds, distressed traders and the advisory community
- Attend key conferences and relevant industry events
- Work independently and in collaboration with a wide team of reporters across regions
- Produce copy under tight deadlines.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience either in a news reporter role, ideally with a financial focus, or in the financial markets/ legal sector with a proven desire to write or in a market reporting role
- A self-starter attitude with a cooperative approach
- An investigative mind and good writing skills
- Networking and contact building skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
Nice to have:
- European languages are an advantage and you will have the opportunity for foreign travel to meet with sources and moderate at conferences.
- Contacts in the European leveraged finance market
What’s in it for you:
- 25 days paid leave + local Bank Holidays
- London office with stunning roof terrace, great communal areas and a very modern space
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program/ Save as you Learn Scheme
- Employee Social club
- Pool Table/Subsidised Gym/Other Staff Discounts and more
Click 'Apply' now.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers.
We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.