Building, BD & Housing Today, Senior Sub-Editor
Assemble Media is looking for a talented individual to join the Building, BD and Housing Today team as a senior sub-editor.
This senior sub-editor role includes work on Building, the respected B2B title for the construction industry and built environment, including the weekly print publication, website and supplements; its sister title, BDonline.co.uk, which serves the architecture community; and the newly-launched HousingToday.co.uk, which serves the housebuilding sector.
Applicants must have strong layout skills, an eye for detail and the ability to work fast and prioritise tasks. We are looking for someone who combines great organisational skills with having a flair for writing engaging headlines and standfirsts.
There is excellent opportunity for progression within this agile Shoreditch-based company.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Sub-editing news, comment and features to ensure copy is accurate and fits house style while being engaging and appropriate in tone
- Coming up with brilliant layout and headline ideas
- Working with the production manager, editor and art editor on creative cover concepts and lines
- Working up page layouts
- Uploading content on the website
- Cropping and cutting out images
- Creating flatplans
- Liaising with contributors and design professionals
High proficiency with InDesign is essential. Good working knowledge of Photoshop and familiarity with different CMS is also required, and experience using Illustrator is desirable.
Apply by completing the application form below.