Bloomberg Tax, Editor
Bloomberg Tax is looking for an editor to join our tax news team.
You’ll work with a team leader and other reporters and editors across the globe to generate high-impact stories that guide our readers through important developments in international tax law, breaking scoops and generating exclusive content.
Our ideal candidate understands the U.K. and European Union political and legal systems, and is a team player with the ability to turn copy into clear, engaging stories on tight deadlines.
Bloomberg Tax provides legal, regulatory and legislative news and analysis to large law firms, corporate counsels and government relations professionals.
We’re part of Bloomberg BNA, one of the biggest newsrooms in the Washington, DC area. We have more than 200 reporters and editors covering the most important legal, regulatory and tax news.
- Superior news judgment under deadline pressure.
- Superior ability to edit technical material (including complex and/or analytical pieces) under deadline pressure for a general business audience as well as write breaking spot news.
- Experience editing and writing for a U.S.-based audience with a working knowledge of the U.S. political system, especially Congress.
- Ability to write and curate content for newsletters.
- Demonstrated ability to lead editing process on major projects.
- Ability to help reporters break scoops and coordinate coverage between London and Washington offices.
- Ability to work with reporters and editors to promote content on social media.
- Ability to lead other staff members to develop their journalistic skills and help strengthen their contributions to the unit’s publications.
- Thorough knowledge of journalistic principles and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of U.K. and European Union legislative, regulatory and judicial systems.
- Ability to use electronic research methods effectively.
- Ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with colleagues, sources and others.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English, journalism, or subjects related to assigned publications desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years’ journalism experience, including some copy editing experience and at least one year writing for same or related publication(s).
- Specialized education related to assigned publication(s) may be considered in lieu of some experience.
Apply by completing the application form below.