The publishing arm of a professional organisation for the oil and shipping industry is looking for a Publications Editor to join their team in their London office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Editor or Assistant Editor looking for a new challenge.
- Responsible for editing all publications content, ensuring specialist information is clear and understandable
- Manage the publications review process, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their timely publication
- Support the Publishing and Communications Manager and be the point of contact in their absence
- Manage publication schedules and maintain records
- Use InDesign to typeset information papers and expand the style guide
- Manage images, check quality, permissions and brand requirements
- Source and edit content for the monthly newsletter and annual report
- Write press release and communications copy
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience in an editorial role in the professional/academic publishing sector with book editing experience desirable
- Strong proofreading and copy-editing/editing skills and the ability to write engaging copy
- Proven project management and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Good standard of numeracy and computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office, including InDesign
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Problem solver with the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Self-motivated with organisational skills
- Able to work out of hours and attend meetings when required
Applications ASAP, please
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.