Daily Express, Features Writer
- Full Time
The Daily Express has an opening for a Features Writer to join its team in Canary Wharf.
The successful candidate will produce outstanding features across a seven-day operation in an exciting and fast-paced national newsroom environment.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and enthusiastic journalist who will be able to initiate investigations, conduct interviews and write compelling news features, comprehensive backgrounders and fascinating real-life stories.
This is a job for a hard worker with excellent writing skills and the ability to generate ideas and turn them around to a tight deadline.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of and interest in the national and international news agenda and be able to translate this into engaging and relevant features.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5.8 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
We average 21.5 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Deliver features that inform, entertain and inspire the Daily Express readership
- Pitch daily ideas for editorial conference
- Work closely with relevant PR contacts to drive exclusive story ideas that work for a national audience
- Forward-plan ideas and special projects
- Work closely with a Reach-wide network of writers and editors to spot opportunities to share content
The Ideal Candidate:
- A 'can do' attitude
- Experience in feature writing
- Provide a constant stream of news-reactive ideas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong reporting skills, able to turn around copy to a tight daily deadline
- Multitasker, able to juggle current and forward feature planning
- Good PR contacts and reputation
- Knowledge of media law
- Team player, open and honest, with sound judgment
In addition to competitive salaries, 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme, we also offer an interest free travel season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people.
This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'Apply' now.