Property Week, News Editor
Leading B2B title Property Week is looking for a new news editor.
We are seeking an ambitious and well-organised journalist who is keen to take the next step in their career writing about an industry at the very heart of the UK economy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to write about some of the hottest topics in business including the declining fortunes of bricks-and-mortar retail.
As well as producing agenda-setting news stories, they will have a chance to hone their editing skills and take on management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have some editing experience as a section head or deputy news editor. However, the position is also open to reporters who can show a strong track record of breaking news stories as well as the ability to edit copy and manage a busy news desk.
The 17-strong editorial team has produced a number of award-winning journalists who go on to write for the nationals, rise up the ranks at PW or take senior positions at other leading B2B titles.
The position is based in Croydon, London.
- Producing authoritative on-diary news and analysis for print and online
- Building contacts and breaking exclusive news stories
- Managing a talented team of reporters
- Editing news copy and curating the news section in print and online
- Writing features including high profile interviews and investigations
- Representing Property Week at industry events
- Some UK and international travel
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Write clear, concise, accurate and eye-catching news copy
- Grasp new and complex subjects quickly
- Meet tight deadlines
- Manage a team of reporters
- Interview and build contacts among senior industry figures
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
Apply by completing the application form below.