Lemongrass Marketing, Account Manager / Senior Account Manager
Reports to: Account Director
Direct Reports: Responsible for Junior Account Executive / Account Executive
Experience Required: Two years experience gained within a PR / Marketing role within an agency or in-house
Lemongrass Marketing is a PR agency specialising in luxury travel. We are a dynamic agency with ambitious growth plans and place great value on excellent client service and media relations.
The Account Manager / Senior Account Manager is responsible for proactively providing expert PR counsel to a portfolio of client accounts.
Using strong knowledge of the luxury travel industry and its media, the Account Manager / Senior Account Manager is expected to execute the strategies and activities outlined by the Account Director, with the help our junior team members to deliver results.
The Account Manager / Senior Account Manager will have a comprehensive understanding of the media landscape, and the communications skills required to undertake the role. They will have comprehensive experience using industry tools and databases.
In addition to client work, the Account Manager / Senior Account Manager is responsible for developing new business leads and driving incremental business as well as coaching, mentoring and developing the more junior team.
Required skills and responsibilities are outlined below, however the specific activities involved will be determined by client objectives and briefed by the Account Director:
- Plan, co-ordinate and organise press functions and press trips on behalf of your clients
- Attend such functions and trips as required by Account Director
- Monitor relevant media/social media, industry association and intelligence reports to increase relationships and knowledge on behalf of clients and agency
- Conceive and implement creative ideas on behalf of your clients to generate media coverage and correctly “position” your clients in the minds of target consumers
- Oversee the forward features planning and pitching on behalf of client with the support of junior team
- Write press releases, copy and relevant blog posts as well as newsletter content on behalf of clients
- Proactively outreach to key media to maintain and develop senior editor contacts
- Organise and attend meetings with media and industry partners on behalf of clients and without input from Account Director
- Instruct and assist Account Executive(s) and team graduate intern where necessary and assist in their training and development
- Give input on creative strategy for clients including development of individual PR plans and quarterly objectives
- Oversee client reporting with junior team, ensuring the reports and press coverage is completed and dispatched in a timely manner
- Oversee client collateral material, photography and brochures maintaining sufficient supplies and ensuring that material is updated on a regular basis, including press kits
- Help and take on special projects such as third-party partnerships, media functions in London and regional press events / launches, etc, as dictated by the Account Director
- Assist with the production of client presentations and support team in the delivery of such presentations accordingly if required by Account Director
- Oversee the operation of an efficient filing system with the junior team
- Contribute actively to agency’s social media channels, quarterly newsletter and blog
- Attend internal meetings, events and training sessions as applicable
- Any other tasks as dictated by the senior team
Skills & Experience:
- Contacts within the luxury, travel & lifestyle press
- Significant recent experience of Travel PR, within an agency or in house
- Media Relations – Conduct effective media calls & maintain and develop lasting relationships with media; have a good understanding of best practise approach to secure results for clients
- Client Handling – Ability to work as part of a team to manage client relationships effectively, in person, on the phone & via email.
- Writing – Demonstrate ability to research & write high-level & accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blog postings etc; excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of initiating, maximising & sustaining PR, Sales & Marketing plans with rigour & detail
- New business – Demonstrate willingness and eagerness to contribute to pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
- Manage self & others – Excellent time management, ability to coordinate input of junior colleagues, willingness to ‘muck in’ when needed and participate in a wide range of tasks; able to delegate where necessary, ability to meet deadlines & ensure others meet deadlines, manage third parties. Also able to forecast workloads & ensure that results are met
- Able to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Show willingness to learn and develop within your role, taking on board constructive feedback and offering solutions to unforeseen problems or hurdles.
Behaviours and attitudes:
- Responsive, flexible & adaptable – Willing & able to adapt in fast-paced environment; able to effectively work across multiple projects & activities
- Positive – has a positive attitude & looks for solutions to problems or issues
- Intelligence – applies wider business knowledge & common sense to all situations
- Persistence – does not give up, gets problems solved, completes tasks
- Responsible – demonstrates to more junior staff how jobs should be conducted and is a shining example of how we want Lemongrass Marketing staff to be
- Proactive – self-starter, suggests solutions to problems or issues, able to self-motivate
- Demonstrating Team Spirit
- Demonstrating exemplary client Service
- Proud to do great work
- Wanting to learn & grow self and others
Apply by completing the application form below.
As this role is part of a growing team the role will evolve and change in line with changing business needs so adaptability is key to success in this role.
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.