CapitalStructure, Deputy Editor / Writer
Are you an experienced sub-editor working on financial copy in a fast-paced news environment? Do you want a varied role that also involves writing and decision-making?
CapitalStructure, the leading provider of real-time news and information on the European high yield, leveraged loan, structured finance and distressed debt markets, is looking for a deputy editor to support our output.
The right candidate will work with the head content editor and a team of experienced journalists and analysts. They will also be given the opportunity to write regular content as well as sub-edit copy.
- Strong sub-editing experience in a fast-paced financial news environment
- Financial writing to tight deadlines
- Editing: Edit real-time copy for accuracy, consistency, grammar and house style; query copy and suggest changes. Excellent typo-spotting skills.
- Financial: Strong analytical skills an advantage. Able to handle numbers (e.g. calculate percentages), and digest a company’s financial results (e.g. can find revenue and EBITDA figures from published accounts), and check text vs. table agreements.
- Content production: Can write headlines, and lay out corporate press releases to house style. The candidate will be expected to write concise news stories from company releases on financial results, management changes, M&A activity, and other corporate news events; training will be provided.
CapitalStructure covers dozens of fast-moving situations, so the candidate will be expected to be pro-active and flexible, and able to cope with a variety of scenarios and tasks.
Leveraged finance market experience would be an advantage; good financial awareness and a willingness to learn are essential.
- 8am-6pm. Some occasional short shifts at weekends/bank holidays may be required.
Please send a CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.