The Jackal, Social Media Editor
As The Jackal looks to become the UK’s most relevant and influential upmarket men’s publication, we are keen to find a Social Media Editor to promote our content across our social channels and help to build up The Jackal’s digital community.
Launched in 2017, The Jackal aims to be the go-to publication for upmarket, professional, urban men with a focus on style, culture, career and life in London.
Our readers aim to be the most successful versions of themselves and have an appreciation for the finer things in life - and we regularly work with the most covetable brands in the world such as Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Bentley, Audi BMW, Bollinger, Hugo Boss and Gieves & Hawkes.
We are passionate about creating a magazine that feels different to what’s currently available to men right now - a publication that truly reflects how a new generation of men live and work in London today.
To do that we need to get the word out there and engage with our digital audience, keeping them up-to-date with the products and people they need to know about.
If you’re plugged into what men today are looking for and have a strong grasp of how to reach them using social media, we want to hear from you.
- Develop a clear social media strategy to increase followers and develop our growing reader community through innovative and original editorial.
- Making sure content is monitored regularly and kept up-to-date.
- Devise ways for our print content to translate onto our social channels, and suggest how social media can bring added value to our pieces in print and online.
- Think of additional platforms that we can use to reach new audiences.
- Ensure the most efficient social media tools are being used to schedule content.
- Generate reports and relay key findings to the Editorial team from data analytics to help them create engaging content.
- Reporting to the Editor, and working with the editorial team to ensure the brand tone of voice is projected through all our communications.
- Support the achievement of commercial targets and developing an active community around The Jackal.
- Report to the Commercial team on key findings from data analytics.
- Ensure any customer service questions or similar are reported to the Commercial team immediately.
- Deliver integrated and well-thought-through paid social and digital marketing projects, and ensure commercial content reaches the desired audience size.
- Be the driving force behind our competitions, coordinating with editorial and commercial to secure products and experiences to offer our audience.
- Document the success of events and create content strategies from them for our channels.
- Promote the print edition through our digital channels to drive subscription sales.
- Drive subscriptions to our digital newsletter.
- Diligently and efficiently manage the social media and digital marketing budgets.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about social media and creating community, as well as have a great eye for all things stylish and be keyed-in to what men living and working in London are interested in today.
- Have an appreciation for great content, photography and design.
- Have one to two years’ experience in social media for a publisher, agency or client-side.
- Possess a track record of creativity and measurable results.
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Be financially literate, with strong attention to detail and possess strong analytical skills
Apply by completing the application form below.