The Jackal, Social Media Editor
4 days left
- Full Time
As The Jackal looks to become the UK’s most relevant and influential upmarket men’s publication, we are keen to find a Social Media Editor to promote our content across our social channels and help to build up The Jackal’s digital community.
Launched in 2017, The Jackal aims to be the go-to publication for upmarket, professional, urban men with a focus on style, culture, career and life in London.
Our readers aim to be the most successful versions of themselves and have an appreciation for the finer things in life - and we regularly work with the most covetable brands in the world such as Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Bentley, Audi BMW, Bollinger, Hugo Boss and Gieves & Hawkes.
We are passionate about creating a magazine that feels different to what’s currently available to men right now - a publication that truly reflects how a new generation of men live and work in London today.
To do that we need to get the word out there and engage with our digital audience, keeping them up-to-date with the products and people they need to know about.
If you’re plugged into what men today are looking for and have a strong grasp of how to reach them using social media, we want to hear from you.
- Develop a clear social media strategy to increase followers and develop our growing reader community through innovative and original editorial.
- Making sure content is monitored regularly and kept up-to-date.
- Devise ways for our print content to translate onto our social channels, and suggest how social media can bring added value to our pieces in print and online.
- Think of additional platforms that we can use to reach new audiences.
- Ensure the most efficient social media tools are being used to schedule content.
- Generate reports and relay key findings to the Editorial team from data analytics to help them create engaging content.
- Reporting to the Editor, and working with the editorial team to ensure the brand tone of voice is projected through all our communications.
- Support the achievement of commercial targets and developing an active community around The Jackal.
- Report to the Commercial team on key findings from data analytics.
- Ensure any customer service questions or similar are reported to the Commercial team immediately.
- Deliver integrated and well-thought-through paid social and digital marketing projects, and ensure commercial content reaches the desired audience size.
- Be the driving force behind our competitions, coordinating with editorial and commercial to secure products and experiences to offer our audience.
- Document the success of events and create content strategies from them for our channels.
- Promote the print edition through our digital channels to drive subscription sales.
- Drive subscriptions to our digital newsletter.
- Diligently and efficiently manage the social media and digital marketing budgets.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about social media and creating community, as well as have a great eye for all things stylish and be keyed-in to what men living and working in London are interested in today.
- Have an appreciation for great content, photography and design.
- Have one to two years’ experience in social media for a publisher, agency or client-side.
- Possess a track record of creativity and measurable results.
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Be financially literate, with strong attention to detail and possess strong analytical skills
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for The Jackal, Social Media Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly