The Jackal, Style Editor
As The Jackal looks to become the UK’s most relevant and influential upmarket men’s publication, we are keen to hire a dedicated Style Editor who will be responsible for The Jackal’s style, watches and grooming content across all platforms - as well as any other categories that might fall under the ‘style’ umbrella.
A key role in the editorial team (reporting to the Editor), the Style Editor will contribute to the continued digital growth of the brand and the character of the physical print product, as well as our social media channels.
The candidate must have an excellent eye, a passion for all things menswear, an ability to multitask and a superb writing style.
Launched in 2017, The Jackal aims to be the go-to publication for upmarket, professional, urban men with a focus on style, culture, career and life in London.
Our readers aim to be the most successful versions of themselves and have an appreciation for the finer things in life - and we regularly work with the most covetable brands in the world such as Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Bentley, Audi, BMW, Bollinger, Hugo Boss and Gieves & Hawkes.
We are passionate about creating a magazine that feels different to what’s currently available on the market right now. To do this, we need a Style Editor who truly understands what a new generation of men living and working in London today are talking about when it comes to fashion, watches and grooming.
- Responsible for style content across all platforms: writing fashion, watches and grooming edits, producing insightful style advice, opinion pieces and long-form features.
- Style and edit the central section of the magazine, ‘Edit’, devoted to all the stylish things we can’t stop talking about.
- Contribute to our digital channels on a daily basis.
- Work with the Editor to attract, develop and retain editorial talent and seek out new voices to contribute to the magazine.
- Be keen to and adept at presenting audio and film projects.
- Collaborate closely with the commercial team in representing the brand with clients across the various categories under the style banner.
- Take an active role in promoting The Jackal, supervising campaigns and advertising with reference to tone and substance.
- Working with the Creative Director on studio pitches and projects.
- Play a key role in shaping the e-commerce strategy of the brand.
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the editorial team.
- Establishing effective working relationships with the Editor, Creative Director and Managing Director.
- Be an ambassador and advocate for The Jackal at events when needed.
- Represent The Jackal with clients, media agencies, trade bodies and the public, as well as speaking at events (both reader-facing and commercial).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be clued-up not only on the latest fashion trends, but have a solid understanding of the latest menswear, grooming and watches brands that The Jackal man is interested in - as well as other categories that may come under the style umbrella (e.g. interiors, design, art, technology).
- Have connections within the fashion, grooming and watch industries - and be keen to make more so The Jackal is first to know about any potential news.
- Have an excellent writing style, solid grammar and know what makes a story work.
- Be as adept at writing a short, snappy digital roundup as a longer double-page feature.
- Bring a constant flow of engaging ideas to editorial meetings and think about how stories can work across multiple platforms.
- Have an appreciation for great content, photography and design.
- Have at least two years’ experience in the luxury sphere for a publisher, agency or client-side.
- Possess a track record of creativity and measurable results.
Apply by completing the application form below.