The Sun, Senior Foreign Reporter - Online
The Sun Online, News Website of The Year 2018, is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a new senior foreign reporter to help grow our award-winning operation. This is a rare opportunity for the right applicant to join The Sun Online in a senior reporting position - with a focus on driving exclusive content.
- Work with the foreign desk to produce the biggest international news scoops and improve the quality and quantity of our original content
- Operate on the ground, going after the biggest stories of the day as well as seeing tips through to finished articles
- Liaise with agencies and stringers to keep our foreign coverage ahead of the competition
- Help mentor talented young reporters and get the most out of them
- Assist the foreign editor with the management of the team
- Lead the UK and foreign news operation as and when required, including at nights and weekends when necessary
Key Skills and Experience:
- Have extensive experience working as a senior reporter at a national or international news operation, with a track record of delivering exclusives
- Experience working as an on-the-ground reporter, leading photographers and camera crews
- Knowledge of and experience using recognised search tools
- Experience of leading news operations on occasion
- Solid contacts with news agencies, stringers and relevant officials around the world
- Must write with flair and have an ability to spot the hidden potential in stories
- Be unflappable under pressure and deliver work at a consistently high standard
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
Click 'Apply' now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.