S&P Global Market Intelligence, Industry Editor - Real Estate & Private Equity
With more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our reporters have the opportunity to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe.
This team includes a veteran editorial staff dedicated to producing in-depth reporting and analysis in all of our sectors, in line with the highest standards of journalistic excellence.
Are you seeking a leadership role on a team where you can make your mark?
As an editor with the private equity and real estate news team, you will help provide editorial direction, publish breaking news and manage journalists in offices around the world. Coverage includes M&A, fundraising activity, property deals and more.
Our journalists combine subject matter expertise, a real passion for news and best-in-class data. We comb through regulatory filings, attend top industry events, and monitor market trends to bring readers the information they need to know.
Our comprehensive and timely news-gathering operation combined with our enterprise journalism builds a rare news source essential to any sector-focused professional.
What’s in it for you:
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Utilize our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Edit news articles for accuracy, style and content.
- Adhere to daily and weekly deadlines.
- Craft your team's daily content by developing fresh story ideas and delivering sharp, concise content and prioritizing news coverage.
- Coach and mentor team members.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading a daily news team.
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.).
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Strong interpersonal skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe.
- Business journalism experience.
- Knowledge of financial market & economic trend analysis
- Experience leading remote teams.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful.
We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
For more information, visit spglobal.com/marketintelligence
Click 'Apply' to visit our site and complete the application process.
*Candidates selected to move forward will need to pass a writing test.