Mirror Online, Senior Video Journalist
An opportunity has arisen on the Mirror's video team for a Senior Journalist.
This is a mixed desk and leadership role where the candidate will work on requested stories as well as proactively lead the team in best-practice editing and sourcing as well as building relationships with other sections on site.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5.8 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
We average 21.5 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Suggesting/sourcing/producing video stories for the mirror.co.uk
- Editing to a consistent look and feel for the site
- Being accountable for forward planning of video content in addition to reactive work
- Liaising with other departments about how to get video best-projected on site
- Reacting to video queries from third parties and senior members of staff
- Willingness to proactively assist and guide other members of the team
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will have proven industry experience in news/celebrity/sport video editorial coverage. They must be passionate about video and have a good knowledge of the vendors in the marketplace.
They will get to work as part of an award-winning team; liaising closely with specialist editors on site. The role is part of a large team who share shifts covering the hours of 7am until midnight.
- A self-starter, able to think on their feet and pitch in concepts to senior management
- A journalistic background with relevant qualifications. An awareness of legal issues around filming and editing
- Editing skills across Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut or similar
- Good contacts and a broad knowledge of the digital video marketplace
- Ability to film on professional HDVs or DSLRs.
- Experience lighting single and multi-camera shoots
- Experience working in a digital publishing newsroom
- Experience with graphics tools such as Adobe After Effects. Photoshop
- Knowledge of video consumption across lead social media sites and on mobile
- Audio VO experience (scripting and/or producing)
- Evidence of an ability to write short-form copy would be a bonus
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people.
This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'Apply' now.