Vogue, Social Media Editor
British Vogue is looking for an experienced Social Media Editor to join its editorial team.
The successful candidate should have a limitless passion for social media and can write, produce, edit and optimise posts across platforms.
Extensive expertise in using Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter to distribute content, grow audiences and engage people is essential, as is having an eye for the next development in social media and technology.
The Social Media Editor will work closely with the Digital Director and wider editorial team to devise and implement the social media strategy of the brand and to drive growth and loyalty in the UK and globally.
He/she will have regular interaction with the Audience Development team and be adept at using data analytics and social listening tools in addition to understanding syndication.
The ideal candidate will also be capable of operating in a commercial environment and have knowledge of industry best-practice around sponsored and branded content.
This role calls for a hard-working team player with razor-sharp organisational skills who can thrive in a nimble and dynamic work environment with an ever-changing content calendar.
Understanding Vogue’s heritage, brand identity, tone and position within the industry is essential. Having knowledge of talent, brands and influencers across fashion and beauty is also a key requirement.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a talented team at a time of digital expansion for the brand.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and optimise social posts across a range of platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest)
- Use data analytics and social listening tools to newsgather, schedule and distribute content and measure growth
- Work closely with the Digital Director and Audience Development team to implement social media strategy and drive growth across all social channels
- Work alongside the Engagement Manager to analyse data and metrics
- Maintain and update the social media calendar
- Drive continual innovation on posts and audience engagement to maximise the brand’s potential across platforms
- Keep abreast of new developments in social media, on existing platforms and new areas
- Take Responsibility for refining and posting commercial assets on social.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Background of working in social media, with an enviable track record of growing traffic from social.
- Expertise in content management systems.
- An intuitive, and analytical, understanding of how audiences use social media.
- A passion for social media and digital platforms and a keen follower of talent, brands and influencers across the industry.
- Experience of using editing software is an advantage.
- Experience of working for a publisher is advantageous but not essential.
- An understanding of the commercial landscape of social media, from partnerships to endorsements.
- A creative thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A fun, energetic team player bursting with ideas.
Click on the 'APPLY' button to visit our site and complete your application.