Dow Jones, Translator (Beijing)
- Translate Dow Jones spot stories, features and market comments in an accurate and timely manner for publication on CLN. Duties will include:
- a) Produce 3500-4500 traditional Chinese characters of error-free translated news on all asset classes covered by Dow Jones media-money, equities, energy and commodities.
- b) Adhere to Dow Jones standards on quality, style and news ethics.
- c) Use news judgment and initiative to ensure that flash headlines are translated, coded and filed within one minute of receipt and fills within 10 minutes of receipt.
- d) Exercise good news judgment to ensure the most important stories and news events are prioritized in a way that reflects the need of our customers.
- e) Ensure translated stories are coded properly to meet customer requirements.
- f) Ensure routine checks on translated copy are carried out before submitting to the copy editor.
- g) Monitor official (and other) web sites for breaking news outside office hours when assigned to do so.
- h) Have a readiness to develop skills in new market areas.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).